About Me

My Photo
Im a mother. A mother to two beautiful twin boys. My boys are my world. Unfortunately one of them is very sick. Battling with seizures, Neurofibromatosis 1 (NF1) and many other issues including Autism. But his drive to learn, his drive to assert his presence is what pushes me to find a cure. A cure for the incureable. Here I am, Playing God. Playing God to him, to my Tuti, to his brother, and most of all to our family. Im just a mother, a mother who is playing God to my Tuti. My Tuti Fruiti

Wednesday, December 5, 2012

Crazy Florida Drivers...

BAAAAAM! And I let out a scream. I stopped the car and I couldn't move. I was shaken. A million things came to my mind. Who is going to take Tuti? Who is going to pick batman up? Shall I call the police? Shall I call hubby's friend? Man my neck is killing me.

The guy comes to me and tells me to come out of the car. I tried but my knees were too weak. He looked scared. Very scared. "I am very very sorry" he said. " my car slid on the wet road" wet road? I thought to myself. What wet road? It's more like you were probably not looking where you were going Mr!!! The noise the hit made, made me think that the back of my car was gone. That's how loud it was. I finally managed to control my knees and go out of the car to assess the damage. I looked and shockingly there was nothing! Not a single thing! Not even a scratch! I looked at his car and his front Marlins plate was hanging but no damage.

Because I didn't really know the laws here if something like this happens, stupid me I asked the Mr. So what do we do now? Do we call the police? He immediately said no. No if there's no damage it's best not to. I sensed some fear in his voice and to be honest I was more worried about Tuti waiting for me than doing something about the crash. So we just left it at that. He asked Me if there's anything he can do, I said well you can drive me to my son's school! I was kidding ofcourse but my knees were still shaking and my neck was hurting. Thank god I was just a traffic light away.

When I relayed the events to my friend and the teachers they told me I should have called the police in any case because he can turn out to be mean and sue me instead! Plus if my neck hurts then that's another reason. But to be honest all I cared about at that moment was reaching the school and getting my Tuti. And this made me think. Think back again to the what ifs. What if something drastic happened and I needed hospitalisation? Who would take care of the boys? Who would call the school? Who would know if I'm gone? It's scary. Thank god Nanny M was with me. And thank thank god the boys weren't.

I almost wish hubby was here. I say almost because I know he needs to work. Not that we need the income right now because we are good for a few years but we need it for the future. The boys future. And hubby isn't getting any younger, so when the opportunity came he took it. And rightly so. But I can't stay like this forever. I can't take all the emotional downs alone. Plus, plus he really needs to see the progress Tuti is making.It's one thing I want him here for me and its a whole different thing wanting him here for his boys.

My neck is still hurting but hey I'm not dying. Life goes on. Goes on for now. But for next time, next time I know that I'm calling the police. Damage or no damage. Hopefully next time never happens but you never know. You never know with these drivers. Crazy Florida drivers...

1 comment:

  1. I am still amazed at how small the world turns out to be after all...you just never know. I have this cousin that I just met, we had been separated by the embargo our entire lives, anyway the other day I had to give her a ride to her daughters house and we are driving down the road and she tells me drive down this road and turn at that street. So I am telling her that I just finished a job at a house near here, so I ask where exactly. turns out her daughter lived two houses down from my last job.

    ReplyDelete

Blog Nation Badge

Top Mommy Blogs