About Me

My Photo
Im a mother. A mother to two beautiful twin boys. My boys are my world. Unfortunately one of them is very sick. Battling with seizures, Neurofibromatosis 1 (NF1) and many other issues including Autism. But his drive to learn, his drive to assert his presence is what pushes me to find a cure. A cure for the incureable. Here I am, Playing God. Playing God to him, to my Tuti, to his brother, and most of all to our family. Im just a mother, a mother who is playing God to my Tuti. My Tuti Fruiti

Saturday, December 1, 2012

Their December Mama...

Aaaaah December. I like December. I like December alot. I never really did before but ever since I moved here I started to appreciate it. Appreciate the happy vibes all around. December reminds me of my mom. ALOT! Even though as Muslims we don't celebrate Christmas in the same manner that our Christian friends do like going to church etc but in our household my father always made it a point that we either go out to lunch as a whole family or visit our friends that do celebrate it.

When much younger we used to go to my uncles' houses and celebrate since they are married to English women and all my cousins are British :) it was fun. Fun times. My mom on the other hand would fill the house with red Anthurium plants and poinsettias and would change the table linens to Christmassy ones. It set a very nice warm feel to the place. Pity I never appreciated it then. But now, now I do.

Last year an acquaintance of hubby was leaving the country and he brought us his Christmas tree. Surprisingly I loved it. The boys loved it. Well batman did. And so this year we made it a point that we bring it out again and let batman help with the decorations. He was just over the moon. In my neighbourhood not many people are into anything. There's maybe 2 or 3 houses that put an effort in decorating their front yard with all the fun stuff. And now that batman is learning about all the different occasions in school he looked at me one day and said "mama mama look, Christmas decoration. Batman also want. Please mama, do Christmas decoration outside"

And so mama did :) I went into a shopping frenzy. Ummm that was way before they got sick. That was during my "red" state of mind lol And we decorated our house. I loved it. He loved it and Tuti well Tuti just looked at it and didn't really give a hoot :( but I'm hoping, im hoping that one day he will. He did go to the Christmas tree and attempt to touch it though. He was curious. And that's, that's a start.

Yeah I like December. It sets this warm fuzzy feeling inside of me. It reminds me of the good times. The happy times. It reminds me of my parents and their great joyous spirits. It reminds me of the vibrant red poinsettias in my childhood home and the sweet smell of the cinnamon candles. These are MY memories and I'm hoping, I'm hoping that I will be able to give my own children that same fuzzy feeling when they sit one day with THEIR children and remember. Remember the fun times they had. The fun times they had in December. The fun times they had with their mama. Their December Mama...

1 comment:

Blog Nation Badge

Top Mommy Blogs